Your metabolism is a slug. You’ve tried to lose weight but just can’t seem to get it right. You’re looking to cleanse your body and shed a few pounds. You HATE restrictive diets and stupid fads. Do any of these describe you? If so, I have the diet for you!
I experimented with this diet myself back in January with the intention of only doing it for a few days. After day three I felt so good I couldn’t help but continue the rest of the month. This diet will no doubt help you lose weight and boost your metabolism beyond where it’s ever been. Best part is, you don’t have to count calories and can eat AS MUCH as you’d like while doing it. I know, sounds too good to be true. But, It’s not! It’s called the 80/10/10 diet and it will change the way you look at eating.
I recommend you do this diet for 2 weeks. It will jump start your metabolism, cleanse your body, and force your body to lose weight. All while providing you with whole food nutrition through the process.
Here is the gist of it:
1) You’re going vegan. Yep, vegan. (Again, only for two weeks) This means NO animal products whatsoever. That includes all meats, butter, eggs, milk, yogurt, cheese, etc)
2) You’re not eating wheat. (it’s inflammatory)
3) You’re eating as many fruits and vegetables throughout the day as you can possibly handle. That’s it. No other foods besides fruits and veggies until dinner.
4) At dinner, you can have grains (rice, quinoa, millet), starches (potatoes, beans, etc), nuts, seeds, avocados, oils, etc. This will be the only time throughout the day fat will be allowed.
5) You can eat as MUCH of all of this as you want. By all means PIG OUT on these foods!
Summary: Fruits and veggies only until dinner. At dinner you can have any food you’d like that DOESN’T contain animal products of any form or wheat. Simple, right?! It will BLOW YOU AWAY how your metabolism amps up and how often you get hungry. Also, don’t worry about your protein intake on this diet as it’s only 2 weeks- you’ll be fine.
Foods to stock up on:
Bananas (LOTS of them)
Frozen Berries (blueberries, strawberries, etc)
ANY fruit you enjoy
ANY veggies you enjoy
Veggie steamer bags
Lettuce (spinach, etc)
Rice and Rice pasta
Fat Free Dressing (for salads)
A Typical day should look like:
Breakfast: Blended fruit smoothie containing 4+ bananas, 1 cup+ frozen berries, fruit juice, and whatever else you’d like to throw in there. (I like throwing dates in as well as cocoa powder to give it a chocolate taste and give you a little buzz)
Snack: Whatever fruit and/or veggies you’d like. Dates make a great snack.
Lunch: Veggie steamers bag or LARGE salad with whatever veggies you’d like on it. Follow this up with a fruit smoothie again or fruit of any kind.
Snack: Whatever fruit and/or veggies you’d like.
Dinner: Rice, rice pasta, Potatoes, beans, etc. This can be made with oils, or add nuts/avocados, olives, etc to get in healthy fats for the day.
If you rock this diet out right, I fully expect you to lose 4-8 pounds in two weeks. Not to mention your energy levels will be through the roof and you’ll have a new found metabolism that of a 12 year old. For a testimonial on the diet, visit this website: